Friday, July 29, 2011

Week Five: The Eternal WebQuest

This week is webquest week.  I have been working on my Outsiders webquest with every spare minute I can wrangle.  Is it sad that I get frustrated that I can't change more of the color scheme?  I keep thinking about all the times I've told my students to focus on content over bells and whistles as I spend an hour trying to change the clipart next to the titles.

Right now I am still trying to find reliable websites to help my students understand the 1960s.  It is a challenge because everything is hippie trippy love and peace, while that isn't necessarily the feel of the novel.  I'm trying to find information that shows more than just the Woodstock aspect of the time period for the students.  However, I am excited to see how the students will react to this assignment.  I've paired the research with a comic strip that students will have to create through Pixton.  I'm also interested to see how long it will take students to work through the webquest as I do not like spending more than a day or two on information acquisition before reading a novel.  I guess the first step is the peer review and we'll figure things out from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment